Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Best treatment for acne scars & marks?

I%26#039;m 35 and have oily skin. I still get breakouts once a month but it%26#039;s usually only 1 or 2, but they are bad ones %26amp; have left dark marks. My face isn%26#039;t pitted, just a lot of dark marks. Can anyone suggest a product to treat these marks? I tried searching online but all I get are ads! I need neutral unbiased opinions from people who%26#039;ve tried it as to what really works. Suggestions?|||The best way of getting rid of discoloration from acne is to go to a dermatologist and get a chemical peel. There are over the counter chemical peels on the market but they probably would not be strong enough or good enough to get rid of those marks effectively.|||All of the products sold are designed to keep you getting acne. That is how they make the big money. Try using nothing but water. It works for some people. It may take a few weeks, but after your face goes a while without greasy products wiped on it, it will start to clear up. Trust me!|||First of all you need to re-examine your diet. Assuming it is not effecting you, I would use Proactiv. It can be a bit pricy but I am 44 and have been using it for 4 years and have had maybe 2 pimples since then.





Also, I changed my soap to Purpose. This is also more expensive than most soaps but it and the Proactiv have really helped me. Spend a few extra seconds and make sure you get ALL of the soap off your face no matter what kind you use. Extra soap blocks your pores and is the number 1 cause of breakouts.





The discoloration will go away considerably with time and fewer breakouts.





Good Luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment