Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Doxycycline for treatment of acne?

Has anyone else use this to treat their acne?Did it work?|||I am on my third course of Doxy for bad acne.


Of course over 6 months.





It worked wonderfully. It cleared up really well and quickly.





EDIT: It was a very low dose of Doxycycline that I was prescribed. You only need a low dose as it is a low grade infection on the face causing the acne.





EDIT: I had tried lot%26#039;s of things for my acne, including a very expensive facial peel treatment and cleansers. Nothing worked, except this.|||doxycycline is a very powerful antibiotic, usually used when you have a systemic infection. I have never heard of it being used as a treatment for acne but I would not contest with the decision. Basically it kills everything thing in its path, trust me it works, hope it works for your acne, but, even though I don%26#039;t contest because it won%26#039;t harm you, It wouldn%26#039;t be my first choice, so im guessing this has been a very ongoing thing, if not your doctor is wrong, good luck|||All the tetracyclines improve acne. I preferred to prescribe lymecycline or minocycline as their side effect profiles are better, but they all work.|||yeah it works great... unless you stop it, they come back.


i found that my acne went away after around two months of using the tablets, and stayed away when i kept taking them.





The down side is that it makes your skin really sensitive to the sun, so i had to stop using them for swimming season and my acne came back...but now its winter again and i%26#039;m back on them =)|||Choosing the Right Acne Treatment


By: Michael Usry , Posted On: 2007-02-13


When most people think about acne and acne products they tend to think about teenagers hoping to be acne free for prom. While buying acne skin care products are a part of the teen years鈥?experience, for many people, acne and acne scars follow them beyond their teenage years into adulthood.








for more information visit


http://www.tehreer.com/category/acne/|||i do not reccomend using any antibiotics unless you absolutely need to. So if your acne is that severe go ahead, but also use alternative methods too, so you are not on them for a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment