Wednesday, December 30, 2009

How dangerous is it to ingest small amounts of a 2% salicylic acid compound from an acne treatment?

About 15 hours ago, I scrubbed my cheek above my mouth with a acne treatment pad that contains 2% salicylic acid solution. After a few moments, I noticed that some of the medicine had been dripping down around my mouth and lips, and I could even taste a little bit on my tongue. I made a conscious effort not to swallow any of it; I immediately spit it out, and rinsed my lips and the interior of my mouth out with water. Despite those measures, I can%26#039;t be certain that I didn%26#039;t swallow at least a small portion of it. I don%26#039;t feel particularly ill, but am worried about some sort of latency period with toxicity. Do I have a reason to be concerned?|||I seriuosly doutb it but if ur concerd ring the gp out of hours for advice there the only ones who can give u an definet answer.|||I%26#039;ve had severe acne myself, try looking for more information on any acne website, like this one for example:





http://AcneTreat.net





You%26#039;ll find some great info there, hope you can get rid of them quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment