Tuesday, December 22, 2009

I am currelty using an acne treatment that is leaving my skin flaky like im pealing. what lotion can I use?

I am currently using some acne treatment that was given to me by the place where I go to get Facials I get crystalisation and oxygination (sorry not super sure the correct name for them) and they told me that they would get me some lotion because now my skin is starting to get flaky and like is peeling off. They told me they havent received the shipment for the lotion. So my qhuestion is what lotion can I use if my skin is flaking off BUT I have oily skin. I want to help the acne medication but I dont want oily skin neither. any recomendations THNAKS|||When i first starting using panoxyl i got really dry skin but i have oily skin.


Try using an oil-free moisturiser, that way you are getting your dru skin back to normal without it being greasy or oily.


=)|||Vaseline Intensive care lotion|||The worst thing you can do to fight acne is use any treatment that is too harsh on your skin. In some cases, this may cause acne to flare up even more. I would get a moisturizing facial to replenish the oils in your skin. Birth control pills have proven to be effective in females with acne, I%26#039;m not sure if you%26#039;re a female or not, but if you are....I%26#039;d consider that. Sometimes it%26#039;s a imbalance of hormones that produces acne, and so the pill may balance out your hormones. I have very sensitive skin, and use Neutragena Grapefruit scrub, which winds up drying out my skin a lot, so I follow it up with a daily moisturizer, also made by Neutragena. I have found that Apricot Scrub for blemishes and blackheads by St. Ives works very well for shedding dry skin by exfoliation of the scrub beads. It also leaves your skin feeling soft. I usually don%26#039;t need to follow this with a moisturizer, because it%26#039;s not as harsh, and does not have as high of a concentrate of Salicylic Acid. At this point, I would just leave your skin alone, and let it replenish itself. Maybe use a scrub to exfoliate the dead skin that is flaking off...but make sure it does not have any kind of acid or peroxide or alcohol in it, as this will wind up drying out your skin even more, resulting in further flakiness. St Ives Apricot Scrub is not harsh and only has .5% Salicylic Acid, then use a daily moisturizer by Neutragena. Or, if you don%26#039;t mind spending the money, go back to the spa where you had the facial done, and ask them for a consulation. They may suggest a moisturizing facial. But, they%26#039;d probably know best what to do in this scenario, considering I%26#039;m sure they%26#039;ve had customers calling in with the same issue. Crystalization is pretty harsh on the skin, so, they probably should%26#039;ve warned you that this may occur, especially if you have sensitive skin.








** The Neutragena Daily Moisturizer I use is oil free, and does not contain alcohol, benzoyl peroxide, or Salicylic acid. It%26#039;s just a gentle moisturizer that you really only have to use once a day to even out the natural oils in your skin. It comes in both daytime formula and nightime. I just use the daytime one following a shower, and prior to putting on makeup to even out my skin%26#039;s texture, and don%26#039;t need to use it at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment