Saturday, December 26, 2009

Can anyone recommend a really good, effective acne treatment?

At 29 I%26#039;ve suffered from acne in various degrees since my early teens. It%26#039;s mainly on my cheeks, forehead, jawline and occassionally my shoulders and across my collar-bone. It seems to go through phases of being painful and below the surface (so not too visible), to full on nasty-looking.





I%26#039;ve tried oral drugs such as Erythromycin and Tetracycline (which I had an allergic reaction to) as well as prescription creams and over the counter stuff such as Oxy, Clearasil, etc.





I tried Dianette contraceptive pill quite some time ago and this had marginally better results.





Unfortunately my skin seems to be quite sensitive too and goes through phases of extreme dryness, coupled with large pores. I recently changed all my make-up to Benefit as I was informed this was hypoallergenic and this doesn%26#039;t seem to clog my pores anymore.





Can anyone recommend something? I don%26#039;t mind the price (within reason) but it seems I%26#039;ve been ripped off many a time by these so-called %26#039;Wonder cures%26#039;...|||Proactiv works great (if you use it properly) You are best off purchasing the 5 piece kit, or getting the 3 piece and adding the additional 2 add ons (some places don%26#039;t carry the 5 piece)





You can order Proactiv online or by phone and now (some areas) the mall.





The kit comes with a facial cleanser and this has 2.5% benz. peroxide. which is a good amount because anything more than that (as seen in AcneFree products which have 10%) will dry up your skin. The key to using the cleanser is scrubbing your face in a circular motion for a good solid minute and then rinsing it off.





After that use the toner. Not too much, ten drops maximum on a cotton square or circle (not cotton ball it%26#039;ll use up all your product) and then let that dry completely before moving on to your next step.





Daily Oil Control has Nylon 12 which has little %26quot;micro sponges%26quot; that help suck up any extra oil on your face...don%26#039;t have oil that%26#039;s okay, it%26#039;ll help balance out your skin anyways.





Then you use a small nickle sized amount of the Repairing lotion, this acts as your all day acne fighting agent.





Finish up with moisturizer. Proactiv can sometimes be slightly drying to your skin so moisturize, it%26#039;s so important!! If you don%26#039;t your skin produces more oil to try to compensate for the loss.





Becareful with the products that have benz. perox. (cleanser and lotion) they will bleach your towels, sheets, clothing, pillow cases etc.





Hope this helps. (Former Proactiv employee)|||I used to have acne on my back, and it was quite severe and used to bleed a lot of the time, so i went to the doctor about it.





My doctor pescribed me with some sort of tablets, which might not work for you but i think that would probably be the best way to get advise.





My back is now completely clear so the doctors advise really did work. It doesn%26#039;t seem like a problem that could be diagnosed by a doctor, but i was told that loads of people go in and i%26#039;m sure if there%26#039;s a cure then they know about it|||Well, I heard giving up dairy products works really well, I did for a few days and my skin started to look great, but then I slipped up. I am going back to it though...I just have a pretty good feeling that something inside causes breakouts and it really doesn%26#039;t matter what you put on your face, except for the fact that somethings irritate it more.|||i have VERY sensitive dry skin


and since everybody%26#039;s skin is different its hard for me to shop for acne products





but a few weeks ago, i came across this thing:





Clean %26amp; Clear Oil-Free


Dual Action Moisturizer


It%26#039;s from Johnson and Johnson


it%26#039;s in a pearl and purple bottle





i suggest you try it my acne settles down after like a couples uses|||ask your doctor for zineryt, its a lotion you use twice a day for 5 weeks. it worked wonders for me.it did dry out my skin but i used aqueous cream to help.|||accutane





research it.





btw, it%26#039;s perscription only|||ProActiv definitely works really well.


I haven%26#039;t tried it, but I heard that Tea Tree Oil works the best.|||proactive


it works well|||Roaccutane (isotretinoin) will get rid of it for good. It is only available on prescription and in the UK can only be prescribed through a consultant dermatologist, not the G.P. (unless this has changed recently). This is because it needs careful monitoring as it is vital that a female on the drug does not become pregnant. It is used in severe acne to prevent scarring. It is taken for a period of a few months. It may not be recommended for people with a history of depression. You will have blood tests before and during the treatment. My son had it and the results were excellent and he had no side-effects.

No comments:

Post a Comment