Wednesday, December 30, 2009

What could happen to your baby if you have been using Proactiv Acne treatment?

I just found out through another question that using topical acne medicine is not safe for pregnancy. That%26#039;s somthing my doctor never mentioned! I%26#039;m 24 weeks pregnant and have been slathering on proactive acne treatment all over my face and chest on a daily basis. What could happen to the baby? If you know good medical sites to reference that would be helpful.|||The main active ingredient listed on Proactiv is Benzoyl Peroxide. There are no warnings about using the product during pregnancy on the container, I just checked my bottle from the shower.





I discontinued using the cleanser twice a day when I became pregnant (I don%26#039;t use all three steps in the system, just the first one) and cut it down to once daily in the shower now. I haven%26#039;t seen or heard of anything confirming the dangers of benzoyl peroxide during pregnancy, but to be on the safe side I might just cut it out all together now that I%26#039;m in the third trimester.





This would be a great question to ask an ob/gyn!|||I would ask your doctor and not take medical advice from somebody on yahoo answers.





I have never heard this in a single article, book, or doctors appt. I confidentially claim this as false.|||I%26#039;ve heard that it can cause birth defects (from my OB) sorry no websites that I have. Try googling it.

No comments:

Post a Comment